Do You Wonder?

My son, Dammit Rudy, got a $560 speeding ticket last week. This was about a week after the $260 ticket for crossing center line (texting) and about a month after the$180 ticket he got exceeding the speed limit. Dammit Rudy is not my favorite child right now.

Apparently there is a difference between "speeding" and "exceeding the speed limit." Who knew?

I don't like this any more than any other parent would. I tried to calm myself down with facts. After doing a little reseach I found proof that teenager's brains indeed do operate differently than adults. UCLA, the National Institute of Mental Health, and the Journal of Neuroscience all agree that until about 24 years of age there is too much grey matter (?) flowing around. It isn't until the last part of this mess called "growing up" that the frontal lobes get their goodies.

The frontal lobs are where judgement, self control, social and sexual behavior and (ready?) IMPULSE CONTROL all reside. The part of his brain that warns RATIONAL ADULTS that speeding is dangerous is connected to his rear end.

So, my child isn't an idiot. He's just clueless.

Stumble Upon Reddit Connect With Facebook Twitter submit button Technorati Del.icio.us Yahoo Buzz Email A Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Teen Driver Safety | Posts RSS | Comments RSS